My REAL Issue with "Cardio"
For the purposes of this article, "cardio" is going to refer to any activity that raises your heart rate well above baseline for a given amount of time. I am NOT anti cardio, I just want to make that clear. The issue with cardio is that it is not enough to live a long, healthy life. Cardio can implemented to supplement a fantastic nutrition and strength training plan, but it is counter productive for most goals. Sometimes, cardio is simply walking, I LOVE walking. Slow, fast, up hills, up mountains, I don't care. Walking is what you were designed to do and you will aim for 6000 steps a day no matter what. But other forms of more intense cardio, while fun, can be dangerous if you are not strong. If you try to juke left too hard in a game of tennis and your knees and hip muscles aren't prepared for it, that is where injury happens. People think that tennis will get them into shape, when really they need to get in shape to play tennis. ...
Comments
Post a Comment